1969 Mustang Supersite Web Forums 1969 Mustang Supersite Web Forums

Go Back   1969 Mustang Supersite Web Forums > Technical, General Discussion, and Project Progress > 1969-70 Technical Forum

Old 08-16-2005, 03:51 PM   #1
Armystang
Mustang Owner

Armystang
Send a message via AIM to Armystang Send a message via MSN to Armystang Send a message via Yahoo to Armystang
Default RESTORATION MANUAL?

SO I ORDERED THIS MANUAL FROM YEAR ONE TITLED "HOW TO RESTORE YOUR CLASSIC MUSTANG" IT HAS A NEW LOOKING COVER YA KNOW SO I GET IT TODAY AND I OPEN IT AND IT TURNS OUT IT IS JUST AN OLD BOOK IN A NEW COVER, THE FRONT WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY "HOW TO RESTORE YOUR 65-68 MUSTANG" ...AND THIS IS THE THIRD MANUAL I HAVE ORDERED THATS LIKE THIS..OLD BOOK NEW COVER.

ARE THEIR ANY GOOD RESTORATION MANUALS OUT THERE THAT WERE WRITTEN THIS DECADE? MAYBE ONE THAT COVERS JUST 69-70 MODELS..I HAVE ABOUT A MILLION QUESTIONS AND NO WAY GET ANY ANSWERS OTHER THAN THIS..FOR EXAMPLE, I JUST GOT IN BRAND NEW "BOOMERANG MOLDING" THE STUFF THAT FOLLOWS THE DRIP RAIL DOWN AND AROUND THE 1/4 WINDOW, I DID A TRAIL FIT AND AM CONFUSED...NOW ON THE MOLDING PIECES THERE ARE THESE TWO LITTLE UNTHREADED TABS THAT GO INTO HOLES IN THE BODY AND THATS IT, NO FASTENERS... SO I PUT IT ON AND THERE IS A 1 INCH GAP BETWEEN THE DRIP RAIL ON THE TOP OF THE WINDOW AND THE BOOMERANG MOLDING. IM CONVINCED THAT THEY ARE EITHER FOR A COUPE OR A 68..THOUGH I TOLD CJPONYPARTS 69 FASTBACK...IM GETTING PRETTY ANNOYED WITH THEM. SO ANYWAYS DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT MY PROBLEM MIGHT BE? OTHER THAN IVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE. THANKS

2003 SVT Cobra
no mufflers just cats, 2.9 pulley, Diablo Chip
BBK CAI, Snow Perf. water/methanol injection
511 RWHP 508 RWTQ
Armystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
bnickel

bnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond repute

the best manuals you can order are the factory service manuals. for 69 it's a 5 volume set and they are kind pricey at around 50 bucks, sometimes you can them cheaper and you can even get them on a CD and just print the pages you want. i think the CD is about 25-30 bucks. you can usually find an answer to about any quaestion with a diligent search on the net.

ERIC HATES ME BECAUSE MY CAR IS A GT AND HIS ISN'T !!!! LOL
bnickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
DragPack69
v8 powered poster

DragPack69

Sounds like you`re missing a piece that fits between them. it`s about 1 1/2 inches long.
THe 2 studs are supposed to have sheet metal "Nuts" to secure the bottom of the molding.

John
DragPack69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:24 AM   #4
Armystang
Mustang Owner

Armystang
Send a message via AIM to Armystang Send a message via MSN to Armystang Send a message via Yahoo to Armystang

yeah if i had an assembly manual that was worth a !@#$ i could see what i was missing, i have the chassis assembly manual, electrical manual, vacuum diagram, and engine manual, which one covers body assembly..like trim and interior stuff? im missing the one that covers that.

2003 SVT Cobra
no mufflers just cats, 2.9 pulley, Diablo Chip
BBK CAI, Snow Perf. water/methanol injection
511 RWHP 508 RWTQ
Armystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:45 AM   #5
bnickel

bnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond reputebnickel has a reputation beyond repute

you're missing the pre delivery, maintenance and lubrication manual. so i doubt it will help the interior

also the coupe moldings are pretty small, overall length is on about 3 inches and the fastback piece is more like 6 or 7

ERIC HATES ME BECAUSE MY CAR IS A GT AND HIS ISN'T !!!! LOL
bnickel is offline   Reply With Quote