1969 Mustang Supersite Web Forums 1969 Mustang Supersite Web Forums

Go Back   1969 Mustang Supersite Web Forums > Technical, General Discussion, and Project Progress > 1969-70 Technical Forum

Old 08-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
jay

jay is on a distinguished road
Default yellow 69 Mach 1

Does anyone have a picture of a 69 Mach 1 in yellow with a red strip?

Also any pics with gulfstream aqua and red strip?

Im restoring my car but im not going with the original color so im either going to paint it gulfstream aqua or maybe a yellow.

Jay
jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Pakrat
Administrator

Location: Currently: NH Originally: Rhode Island (and all points in between.)
Pakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Pakrat

Even though I think for some reason that all Mach 1's came with the red carpet inserts I have only ever seen black and white cars get a red stripe from the factory, I've never seen it on anything else really. Quite a while back on the VMF someone posted this pic of a silver jade car with red stripes that I remembered and dug up for you. This pic was posted there though because everyone thought the red stripes ruined an otherwise perfect looking car. I can probably photoshop this car into gulfstream aqua fairly easy if you really want to see it. I think I have a yellow illustration with black stripe on my home computer that I could change to red stripe pretty easy too.

Welcome to our website BTW!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p46102_large+1969_Ford_Mustang_Mach_1+Rear_Driver_Side.jpg (23.9 KB, 127 views)

Pakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
jay

I know it would not be correct but since im not going with the factory original color of black jade i wouldn't think it makes much difference plus im not actually making a exact show car. I have seen yellow machs with the black strip but would actually think the red strip would look better on it. Still a little early since im working on my rear end right now but once i get that done i can wheel it out and start body work.

See i actually think that silver jade pic looks good with the red strip. would be cool if you can photo shop the colors with the strips.

Thanks been reading up on this site and others, my car was actually flooded in Katrina, was my cousins car and since he also has a black 69 R code he sold me his S code mach.

Jay
Old 08-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
Max Power
Vintage Ford Mafia

Max Power

Actually I think that red stripe looks pretty good on silver jade.

1970 Grande Project
Max Power is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
tim42
Original Owner

tim42 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear you want to change from Black Jade, but you can do what you want. I decided to keep mine in Balck Jade but with a twist on the Boss 302 paint scheme. Where the Bosses were black at the headlights and tail light panel I'll be using Silver Jade.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
jay

actually someone had already changed it to resale red but the original color was the black jade, had some original paint so i buffed it out to just see since you cant really tell what the color would look like from a picture and i still didn't really like the color. Always loved yellow on muscle cars but also love that gulfstream aqua color.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
Fordrevhead
RebuildN,RaceN & RockN

Fordrevhead is on a distinguished road

red on yellow, that's different. I dont think I have ever seen that. The Vietnam flag comes to mind. I have seen a few custom jobs yellow with red flames and such.

I had a yellow and black Boss clone that was originally Black Jade though. I like the yellow and black but I wouldnt repaint a Black Jade car.

2011 GT/CS
1970 Coupe
1964.5 Coupe
Fordrevhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
Pakrat
Administrator

Pakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud ofPakrat has much to be proud of

I wasn't trying to say you shouldn't do it because it's not correct, what I meant was the reason you or anyone else can't seem to find pics of this combo is because it likely never exisited originally and would have to come from someone with the same exact custom taste as you so the odds of finding one are slim.

Here's a rendering of yellow with a red stripe.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1969_MACH-1_yellow_red_stripe.jpg (89.3 KB, 81 views)

Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
Pakrat
Administrator

Here's the same rendering changed to Aqua.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1969_MACH-1_GulfstreamAqua_red_stripe.jpg (89.0 KB, 77 views)

Old 08-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
jay

Thanks, the yellow i think would look real good with the red strip. Now the gulfstream i don't know but it doesn't look bad.

Your right it should have never existed unless someone special ordered something like that. Ive seen the chart that shows the strip and paint combination's before and it was fairly limited to one or two color choices on the strips.